Lying south east of Loughrea, Aille Castle was a tower house held by MacWilliam Roe Burke in 1574. 

The tower house stands over 40 feet tall and consists of square bartizans in the north and south west corners. The tower house also features slit windows which were common from the 15th century while the larger ogee headed windows date from late medieval age. 

The castle now lays dormant and in ruins.


GPS: 53.160039, -8.516888