This corn mill, built c.1770, used water from a mill stream to power the mill wheel which in turn powered the mechanism to grind corn. 

This mill building retains its vernacular form and character, despite the removal of the milling equipment and the redirecting of the millrace. 

Although no longer in use as a mill it serves as an important physical reminder of the past industrial processes and represents an integral element of the industrial heritage and economic history of the area.

Location

GPS: 53.413172, -8.518539