Ballybroder Castle is a 16th century tower house believed to have been built by the De Burgo (Burke) family. There is not much known about the castle.
It features a spiral staircase in the north east corner and a vaulted third storey level. Beside the tower house is an unoccupied 19th Century period manor house which was recorded to be in the possession of Henry Burke in the 1830’s. However it was later recorded that in 1855 Patrick Burke was leasing the house at Ballybroder from Peter Dolphin.