Ballydonnellan Castle is alleged to have been built in 1412 by the O’Donnellan family. 

On the western side are the remains of a chimney from a four storey 17th century tower house. While separated on the eastern side, are the remains of a four storey wing built in the 18th century by the O’Donnellan family to add balance to the castle house. 

According to records, the castle was still in existence in the 1890’s but it was later described as ‘in ruins’ in 1933.


GPS: 53.250605,-8.415717