Built in 1799, this substantial complex was constructed as part of an extended network of fortifications by the British government along the Atlantic seaboard of Ireland (which was a British colony at the time). 

Now disused, the fortification, consisting of a signal tower, would have been used as early warning to the British government should there have been a French invasion on Ireland which was threatened by Napoleon at the time.

Location

GPS: 53.127428, -9.702202