Garbally Castle was a 15th century tower house built by Malachy O’Kelly in 1499. In 1504, the castle was initially destroyed by MacWilliam De Burgo along with two other O’Kelly castles. 

It was unsure thereafter to the extend of which the castle was restored, however it was noted by Samuel Lewis in 1832 that the castle was once again ‘partially destroyed by Cromwell’ along with another nearby castle in the 17th century. 

The castle is now in ruins with just the north east section remaining.

Location

GPS: 53.406674, -8.635868