The Kilconnell Cross is located at the crossroads in Kilconnell Village. Erected for a number of reasons, wayside crosses are found throughout Europe and the Christian world. 

Due to the Cross having an inscription to pray for John Donnellan (who’s family erected it), it is believed the cross is a memorial one. In 1844, the Cross was damaged but was re-erected by Reverend W. Manning, hence the crisp and legible inscription today.

Location

GPS: 53.331344,-8.402356