Kilcornan was originally a 16th century castle of Ulick de Burgo. The Redingtons of Kilcornan later built a fine mansion, incorporating the old tower in it’s fabric in the 1830’s. The Redington family were the local benevolent landlords, were responsible for the development and design of the village which has an imposing cenotaph to Thomas N. Redington on the village green. The house now serves as a training centre for people with learning disabilities.


GPS: 53.231214, -8.861929