This water mill, built in c.1800, was once an important feature in the economic development for the area and would have been a focal point for the local agricultural community. 

The mill used a stream diverted from the River Shiven to power a mill wheel which in turn powered the mechanism to grind corn. Though the mill is now derelict and no longer functioning as a mill, the building retains some physical remnants of its former use such as the mill race and remains of the mill wheel.

Location

GPS: 53.499740, -8.415485