Killimor Castle was once a four-storey medieval tower house built in 1500’s. The castle later which we see today became modernised in the early 1700’s by the addition of two slated wings.
The Daly family continued to reside there until the end of the 18th century when the castle and demesne were leased to Dominick Burke of Slatefield. In 1837, records show that the castle was resided in by Hyacinth Burke.
In later years, the house at Killimordaly had fallen into disrepair but has since been restored.