The Kiltartan Gregory Museum and Millennium Park was originally a National School built in 1892 at the behest of the local landlord, Sir William Gregory of Coole Park, Gort.
It is located at the historic spot “Kiltartan Cross” where the blind poet Rafferty met and fell in love with the “Beauty of Ballylee” Márre ní hEidhie and often played music for local dances. Lady Gregory and W.B. Yeats, among others, have been inspired by the Kiltartan landscape.
Today the museum contains photographs, manuscripts, first editions, memorabilia, Great Famine material, genealogy of local families and a reconstruction of an old school classroom from the 1900’s.