Lynch’s Castle bears the Lynch family’s coat of arms, who were once the most powerful family in Galway, along with the crests of the Henry and the Fitzgerald’s families who also possessed the castle at one point. 

Today, the four storey castle is the only complete secular medieval building left standing in Galway. Although the exact build date is unknown, it’s believed that the castle originates to the late 15th/early 16th century. 

A large extension was added to the castle in 1808 and later was heavily altered in 1966 when it was converted into a bank, as it remains today.


GPS: 53.273172, -9.052224