Monivea Castle is a former O’Kelly tower house believed to have been built in the early 16th century. The castle was later acquired by the Patrick Fitzrobert Ffrench from John Crosach O’Kelly in 1609, who developed the castle and surrounding lands further. 

The castle was inhabited until the middle of the 20th century. It now lies in ruins but architectural features such as battlements, its doorway and windows can be seen, adding intrigue and interest to the ruins.

Location

GPS: 53.376271, -8.678238