Originally part of the Mountbellew Estate and set up by the Bellew family, this former water mill, built c.1860, used water from the nearby lake to provide power to process grain into flour. 

The buildings facade still retains its pitching doors on upper levels which would have accommodated grain storage. Mills such as this, were an important part of local agricultural life and key to the economic development of an area.

Location

GPS: 53.470405, -8.503352