Rinville Castle is a fully restored four storey tower house built by the De Burgo (Burke) family. Richard McThomas Oge, a member of the Burke family, is the earliest recorded owner of the castle having held the stronghold in 1574.
Under the Act of Settlement in 1681, the castle was granted to Robert Blake of Ardfry. In later years, the castle passed ownership to Philip Lynch at the end of the 17th century and on to Edmond Athy in the early 18th century as part of a marriage dowry to Margaret Lynch, daughter of Philip. The castle remained the property of the Lynch-Athy family until the middle of the 20th century.
The castle is fully restored where many original architectural features can be seen.