Tyrone House is a ruined manor house which was built in the 1770’s for Christopher St. George, who was part of an old county Galway family with Norman Irish roots. 

The house was set a light and was destroyed by the local Irish Republican Army (IRA) unit during the Irish War of Independence. Rumour had it that it was going to be used by the Black and Tans as an infirmary. 

Thankfully, Tyrone House was uninhabited at the time of the burning, but unfortunately the manor house was never rebuilt.

Location

GPS: 53.206997, -8.909641