Between 1953 & 1954, hundreds of shrines to Mary and the Immaculate Conception were built throughout the country after Pope Pius XII proclaimed that 1954 would be a Marian Year – the first in the Catholic churches history. 

This shrine was built in the Marian Year and is still well maintained. Its location at a prominent position at the corner of a crossroads shows the importance of the shrine to the religious life of the community.

Location

GPS: 53.454250, -9.154750